Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Festive potatoes

I saw these on the kitchen section of apartmenttherapy.com last year and have been waiting for my chance to make them...well the time called when my friend threw a nice a little Christmas party last weekend. The boy and I were last minute attendees and I couldn't show up empty handed do I knew I could slap these together in the hour we had to get ready :)

I modified the recipe slightly in that I just boiled my Yukon golds until soft then mashed in milk and butter until it was good to the taste along with salt, pepper, and green dye (borrowed from my neighbor). Next I just scooped it in a piping bag and piped out some Xmas tree shapes onto a cookie sheet. Into the oven they went @350 for about 10 minutes/until a little browned and crispy. Lastly, I plated them on some Monterey jack shredded cheese for a snow effect and extra flavor.

Wam bam Christmas tree potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment