Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pure Love

I don't think I could have smiled any bigger.


Where do I begin with this? Feist has been by my side since back in the day when I was 15 and fell in love with "Mushaboom". My dear (deer) friend Kim hooked me up with her tunes and I was struck. "Mushaboom" has been on play at least 4-5 times per week since that day. That song is everything I want in life and just hits me every time. If it hasn't got old for me yet, I doubt it ever will. 

Feist has been someone I have wanted to see live forever and a day. It could not have come soon enough. Saturday December 3rd was the day for me. Pure joy in my face ^. When my friends and I pulled up to our hotel (we drove to Montreal 5 hours away since she wasn't making a stop on her tour in Boston) and parked the car and realized the door down from our hotel was the venue. A beautiful old theater setting, we got balcony seats. She played everything my heart desired and opened with "Undiscovered First" from the new album to set off a powerful set. (Take a listen from one of last month's shows down here)


I have never felt so delighted to be at a show. It was inspiring, beautiful, and perfect all at the same time. It made me want to pick up the old drumsticks and wail on the toms the way Chilly Gonzalez was. Man, he had soul, she had soul, I could have cried with joy that evening.

I go to shows/festivals pretty frequently but have never felt like this and nothing could have compared. The entire band put so much heart into their music, you could just feel it oozing out. I could go on for days about her, but I'll leave at this. 

Feist, you are where its at.

No comments:

Post a Comment